Now recruiting men’s U20 players.
Calling all U20 rugby players not competing for a university or college rugby program.
Glendale Rugby is forming a U20 men’s program to begin competition this fall, in a newly formed competition for U20’s and university JV programs in the West Conference. The Raptors will compete against the Air Force Academy, Colorado, Colorado State, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming along with other local college programs. Director of Rugby and Head Coach Mark Bullock “praises the new competition as an opportunity to close the gap between college and club rugby for those players who do not enroll immediately into a university rugby program. This completes the pathway from youth to adult to pro to national team that Glendale Rugby can offer to aspiring rugby players.” USA Rugby identified the need to retain high school graduating rugby players and this provides that opportunity to bridge the gap between men’s club rugby and school rugby.
Please contact Jackson Thom with questions and your interest by email or by phone at 303.639.4403.
High Performance Rugby
The Aim: a residential national team development program for elite level U20 players to train in a professional environment as they prepare for U20 international competition. The academy is an integrated support service managed by professional staff that provides a professional academy environment. The program aims to provide a complete and robust development route that monitors and assesses training and playing commitments of academy players to insure that the players’ full potential is achieved.
Objective: to prepare and develop players to compete in a world-class standard in international rugby by fulfilling the following objectives:
- Develop the mental approach/attitude of players
- Develop core-skills
Players Selected will be assessed under four major categories:
- Skills and elements of competence
- Tactical and game awareness
- Personal attitude
Core Skills Development Program:
- Game sense
- Skills training
- Mental Skills
- Fitness testing
- Lifetime management – the best rugby players are those that can apply themselves across a number of disciplines. Education targets will be set and must be met.
Coaches and Staff
The newly formed coaching staff will be comprised of:
- Head Coach, Jackson Thom, Glendale Raptors U20
- Director of Rugby, Mark Bullock, and former USA U19 Head Coach
- Strength and Conditioning Coach, Nico Rithner, Glendale Raptors Rugby
- Mental Skills Coach, Katie Wurst, First15 Sport Performance
- Medical Coordinator, Amy Valenta, Head Physiotherapist USA Rugby
- And more…