Try your rugby skills.
Play with the Glendale Raptors Rugby Academy in Rugby Colorado’s youth rugby Try League.
Try teams play 7-a-side or Olympic-style rugby in festival-like settings called Jamborees. Each Jamboree is hosted by a participating club where all age levels play at one location on a Saturday in the summer months of May and June.
This summer program runs April through June and is for boys and girls 5-14 (K-eighth grade girls and k-ninth grade boys.) All players are placed on teams according to age and ability level. Each team has dedicated coaches week in and week out to ensure your child’s rugby experience is top notch! Players are given equal amount of playing time, there are no bench warmers in rugby and everyone has the chance to score!
What you need to know.
The Glendale Raptors Rugby Football Club is a catchment club for Rugby Colorado’s youth rugby TRY League, encouraging all kids to give rugby a try. (A try is comparable to a touchdown in American football.) You will also need to register with Rugby Colorado and that information can be found below.
Fees, Schedule and Sizing
2017 fees include full uniform (jersey, shorts and socks), USA Rugby membership and liability insurance, as well as Rugby Colorado membership.
- Flag (ages 5-7): $170
- Tackle (ages 8+): $185
Practice time/days: April 25 – June 24, 2017
- 5-7 year olds practice Tues/Thurs 5:15-6:20pm
- 8-15 year olds practice Tues/Thurs 5:15-6:45pm
Practice location: Infinity Park Turf Field
Games: Saturdays, May 20 – June 24, 2017
- May 20 – Aurora Sports Complex – Aurora, CO
- May 27 – TBD Location
- June 3 – Pleasantview – Boulder, CO
- June 10 – Lowry Grass fields 3, 4 & 5 at 8400 E Lowry Blvd – Denver, CO
- June 17 – Aurora Sports Complex – Aurora, CO
- June 24 – Dicks Sporting Goods Park – Commerce City, CO
Short Size (double for inches around waist):
- YS 9
- YM 10
- YL 10 ¾
- YXL 11 ¾
- S 12 ½
- M 13 ¾
- L 14
- XL 14 ¾
- 2 XL 15 ½
- 3 XL 16 ¼
- 5-7 year olds: Youth S, Youth M, Youth L (these run loose)
- 8-14 year olds: Youth S, Youth M, Youth L, Adult S, Adult M, Adult L, Adult XL, Adult XXL (these right tight around the stomach)
Try Rugby Age Breakdown:
- U8 coed flag – ages 5-7*
- U10 coed tackle – ages 8, 9
- U12 boys tackle – ages 10, 11
- U12 girls tackle – ages 10, 11
- U13 boys tackle – age 12
- U14 (MS) girls tackle – ages 12, 13 and 14
- U14 boys tackle – age 13
- U15 boys tackle – age 14
*5 year olds must have participated in 2016’s Fall After School Rugby and/or 2017’s Spring After School Rugby, be enrolled in Kindergarten and be 5 on May 1, 2017