Serevi RugbyTown 7s
International Rugby 7s Tournament
Rugby 7s, the quicker variation of traditional 15-a-side rugby union, is the newest Olympic sport set to debut at the Rio 2016 Games. Matches are played seven-a-side in two seven-minute halves and feature speed, strength and stamina.
Bigger tournament and better rugby.
The 2016 Serevi RugbyTown Sevens tournament at Infinity Park, Aug. 26-28, promises to be the best yet. 20 teams will be competing for the winner-take-all $10,000 purse, including all five U.S. military branches.
“The SRS tournament continues to grow in stature as we enter the fifth year of the competition,” said Glendale Raptors Director of Rugby Mark Bullock. “There are more international teams competing and the USA military teams have raised the standard of their play.”
Teams representing each American military branch − the Marines, Navy, Air Force, Army and Coast Guard will look to compete for both the overall tournament and military championships.
Schedule at a glance.
Friday, August 26
Tournament Pool Play – Free Admission
11am – Stadium gates open, 12-9:15pm – Rugby matches
- The Grubber Grille and the Try Club – Open from 11:30-9:30pm
Saturday, August 27
Tournament Pool Play & Knockout Stages – Rugby Tickets – $10
11am – Stadium gates open, 12-7:40pm – Rugby matches
- Opening Ceremonies – Starts at 11:45am
- The Grubber Grille and General Access Bar – Open from 11-8pm
- The Try Club – VIP access only 11-8pm
- Bruises and Brews Beerfest – Beer and Rugby Tickets – $35
12-4pm – Festival Paza
- Armed Forces Championship – Starts at 4:30pm
- Mile Highlanders – Perform live at 7:45pm
- Fallen Rugger Ceremony – Starts at 7:45pm
Sunday, August 28
Tournament Semifinals and Finals – Rugby Tickets – $10
11am – Stadium gates open, 12-5:45pm – Rugby matches
- The Grubber Grille and General Access Bar – Open from 11:30-6pm
- The Try Club – VIP access only 11:30-6:30pm
- Mile Highlanders – Perform live at 2:45pm
- Championship Matches – Begin at 3:40pm