Youth Rugby Programs
Glendale, Colorado Youth Rugby: It’s Much More Than Just a Game
Youth rugby is a great opportunity for rugby players from ages 5-18 have fun and develop their rugby skills. Glendale's Colorado youth rugby programs ensure that players are properly-trained before sending them out to the field. Rugby training can improve cardiovascular fitness and endurance, upper and lower body strength, as well as agility and dexterity. Along with the physical aspect of the sport participants will also learn proper running, kicking and passing techniques and of course teamwork. Rugby is a sport of immense competition and it only as a team that you truly succeed in this sport. Youth rugby requires a lot of energy to play and will teach your kids how to play a game that requires them to think off their feet that unlike many sports does not have any breaks in play.
Glendale, Colorado Youth Rugby - Why You Should Play?
Why should your child participate in Glendale, Colorado youth rugby programs? Most importantly, because it is fun and youth rugby will also teach your child the highest level of sportsmanship because rugby is a sport where the highest level of sportsmanship is expected of every player in the sport worldwide.
Glendale, Colorado Youth Rugby Programs
Kids 5-18 years old
The Glendale Raptors Rugby Football Club is the only club to run year-round Colorado youth rugby programs for kids ages 5-18. Get your child started today!
Rugby is the perfect sport for any age, gender, size and speed. Teams can have from 7-15 players on each side and there is a position for everyone. Children want to use their hands and with rugby, they can! Youth rugby programs are perfect because children are highly encouraged to pick up the ball and run with it!
Glendale RFC players and coaches will teach your kids drills, different skills and how to scrimmage as they run around outside on practice and game days. We work on sharing, communication, listening skills, and respectfulness toward teammates, coaches and referees. Our goal is to create a safe environment where your kids can learn and love the second-most popular sport in the world.
From the Touchline with Jenna Anderson
The Glendale, Colorado youth rugby programs come in a variety of formats suitable for all youth interest and participation levels. Don’t worry if your child has never played a sport before. Attend one practice and they will be hooked. Our coaches will teach them everything they need to know!
Flag/Non-Contact Rugby - 5-7 years old
Tackle Rugby - 8-18 years old
To promote rugby to boys and girls as a challenging, enjoyable and beneficial pursuit to valuing personal development, camaraderie, sportsmanship and physical fitness.
To teach the physical, mental and social aspect of rugby to all youth in an effective, caring and friendly learning environment through our youth rugby programs.
To ensure that the enjoyment, friendship, participation and skill development are the essential features.
To develop the growth of youth rugby through the implementation of specific skills and games.
Our Glendale, Colorado Youth Rugby Programs Include
- Raptor Rugby Academy - An elite rugby academy designed to be the entrance point for Colorado High School boys to enter the US elite player pathway. Focus will be on six things: Strength and conditioning, nutrition, technical game knowledge, tactics, skills, and team play.
- Girls High School - Students from George Washington HS, Thomas Jefferson HS, South HS, East HS and surrounding high schools and middle schools are invited to play with Glendale’s squad. The team will consist of 8th – 12th graders from various schools.
- Spring After School - March 1 - April 7, 2016 - Glendale Raptors players and coaches will teach your kids drills, games, different skills, and how to scrimmage as they run around outside on practice days. We work on sharing, communication, listening skills, and respectfulness toward teammates, coaches and referees.
- Tackling Clinic - April 10, 2016 - Rugby players, football players and anyone that wants to learn how to tackle the correct way are invited to attend the Glendale Raptors Rugby Academy Tackle Clinic on Sunday, April 10th.
- Try League - Glendale Youth Rugby participates in Rugby Colorado’s TRY League! This summer program runs April 26 through June 25 and is for boys and girls Kindergarten through 8th grade. All players are placed on teams according to age and ability level. Each team has dedicated coaches week in and week out to ensure your child’s rugby experience is top notch! Practices are on Tuesday and Thursdays. Game starts on Saturday May 21.
- Rugby Skills Clinic Clinic - May 18, 2016 - Rugby players are invited to attend the Glendale Raptors Rugby Academy Skills Clinic on Wednesday, May 18th.
- Boys High School Camp - Your future starts here, become a student of the game July 17-20, 2016.
- Girls High School Camp - Learn from the United States’ highest-level coaches and players July 25-28, 2016.
- Summer Flag - August 1, 8, 15 and 22 - Come join us for a fun and laid back four-night season of flag rugby! Flag rugby is a free-flowing game that allows all players to pick up the ball and run! Teamwork is a key element to success and is emphasized along with a high level of sportsmanship.
- Fall After School - Glendale Rugby will run its Fall After School Program from Sept. 6 to Oct. 27, 2016. The program is for both boys and girls, kindergarten to 8th grade. Players will be placed in different age groups and ability levels.
- Winter Indoor Rugby - Non-contact rugby focusing on rugby skills, passing, catching, kicking and conditioning held on Saturdays Nov. 12, 19 and Dec. 3, 10.
- Rugby In Your School - “Rookie Rugby” is the latest product from USA Youth Rugby. This fast-paced, fun and simple game introduces your students to rugby in a non-contact educational format. As one of the fastest growing sports in America, rugby is a game that improves overall fitness through strength, flexibility, movement, endurance and more! Rugby also teaches kids how to work as a team, be a leader, communicate and have fun!