In the name of the French Armed Forces team, I want to thank you for the amazing job you and your teams did during the past week and the tournament.
Squadron Leader Alexandre Badin, French Armed Forces
Serevi Rugbytown Sevens®
International Men’s Club 7s Tournament
On Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 17 and 18, 2013, Infinity Park at Glendale, Colo. will host the the second annual Serevi Rugbytown Sevens international men’s club 7s tournament.
International rugby legend Waisale Serevi represented Fiji in a record seven IRB World Cups in 15s and 7s, winning the title twice. Including a record seven Hong Kong 7s championships, Serevi is the third-highest scorer in international rugby history. He is regarded by fans and media around the rugby world as the “King of Sevens.”
The combination of Serevi’s participants and a premier venue annually draw a top-notch list of international rugby clubs to compete at Infinity Park in Glendale.
“The city of Glendale’s commitment to youth, club, facilities and programming at Infinity Park has created a long-term platform for American rugby,” said Waisale Serevi. “Through our combined efforts to expand visibility, access and quality of rugby in the U.S., we have the opportunity to stage a top-flight international club tournament in a fan-friendly venue.”
The Serevi Rugbytown Sevens will present the seven-man format of the game to rugby fans at Infinity Park. A 7s rugby match is played to the final score in just 15 minutes with seven players on each side. 7s rugby is not as technically complex as the 15-man format, making it easier to follow for newcomers to the game — be they fans or players.
“We are honored to be hosting the Serevi Rugbytown Sevens at Infinity Park again in 2013,” said Glendale Mayor Mike Dunafon. “Showcasing this international tournament and joining forces with Waisale Serevi and his organization for future events and programs that contribute to community game development is what Rugbytown USA is all about.”
Rugby Training Camp
Junior & Senior/Elite Ages
- 2-day Senior/Elite Training Camp for ages 13+ on Thursday and Friday, Aug. 15-16, 4-7 p.m.
- 1-day Senior/Elite Training Camp option for ages 13+ on Thursday, Aug. 15, 4-7 p.m.
- 2-day Junior Training Camp for ages 7-12 on Thursday and Friday, Aug. 15-16, 4-7 p.m.
- 1-day Junior Training Camp option for ages 7-12 on Thursday, Aug. 15, 4-7 p.m.
Why should I go?
- You get to learn from former USA Eagle Pate Tuilevuka
- Past participants have raved about this programming and the difference it made in their games
- The difference between your skills at 4 p.m. on day 1 and 7 p.m. on day 2 will be remarkable, we promise!
- This programming fits in with USA Rugby’s High Performance program and its increasing focus on 7s and 15s development
- You get to compete in frequent game scenarios each afternoon
- It’s just plain fun
How does it work?
- Athletes will be grouped by age & ability: Elite (16+), Senior (12-15) and Junior (7-11)
- Focus will be on execution of core rugby skills with increasing amounts of game-like pressure
- Days will combine game play, game scenarios and drills
- Players will rotate in their groups from coach to coach